Technology Services In Manhattan, New York
We have taken every measure possible to ensure that Sunny Dental Care has the most up to date dental technology available. We do this to properly treat and diagnose patients regardless of the severity of their dental issues. Having such amazing dental technology allows us to provide the best possible care for different dental procedures, including:
- Crowns and Bridges
- Complete Dentures
- Partial Dentures
Are you looking for a quality dental professional that only uses the best dental technology available? Do you want a dentist you can trust to provide you with the quality dental care that you deserve? If so, Sunny Dental Care is the right choice for you and all of your dental needs in Chinatown, NYC.
Digital X Rays
Traditionally, dentists use x-rays to find out what's going on below the surface, developing them in a dark room full of chemicals, and examining the resulting films on a special light board.
Now, a tiny sensor placed in the mouth acts like a miniature VCR camera with an x-ray sensitive chip, exposing you to 50%-90% less radiation exposure than with traditional x-ray techniques. The resulting highly detailed image of your mouth is almost instantaneously translated onto our computer screen, carrying with it all the conveniences of other digitized images. We can rotate it, magnify it, adjust it for contrast, and even color-code it for educational purposes. Because it helps our patients clearly understand the root issues behind their dental health, we're able to work together to determine the very best treatment options for each case.
Hard and Soft Tissue Lasers
The Waterlase system is a revolutionary new dental device that uses laser-energized water to cut teeth. BIOLASE received FDA clearance to market the Waterlase® system for use on hard tissue (teeth) on October 9, 1998. This combination of laser energy and water-spray creates "HYDROKINETIC" energy and is a patented technology invented by BIOLASE scientists and engineers.
How does Waterlase work?
- The Waterlasesystem uses laser-energized water to cut teeth
- The Waterlase emits a laser beam that energizes a highly precise spray of air and water
- Water droplets absorb the laser energy and become laser-energized water particles that, when directed at the tooth, rapidly remove enamel, dentin and decay/caries
Advantages of Waterlase
- Waterlase does not cause vibration in the mouth, hence eases the pain and anxiety of patients who fear the vibration and high-pitched whine of traditional drills. It allows for precise cavity preps with no pain, needles, or drills (in most cases). It removes minimal amounts of tooth, helping the patient to preserve as much tooth structure as possible
- Waterlase uses a cool-water spray to cut teeth without generating heat. Conventional drills and lasers can overheat teeth during procedures, inducing discomfort and irreversibly damaging the soft tissue or pulp underneath
- A laser beam has a natural sterilization effect - it evaporates bacteria, viruses, and fungi, which leads to a decrease in local infections. Waterlase® is for root canal treatments to disinfected instrumented canal system to improve the treatment outcome
- The Waterlase significantly improves the patient's comfort in the dentist's chair. Patients report little or no discomfort during the procedure. WaterLaser decreases post-operative pain by sealing nerve endings.WaterLaser is for the cauterization of small blood vessels and lymphatics, therefore reduces post-operative swellings
Intra Oral Camera
This incredible new technology allows you to relax in your chair while simultaneously observing real-time pictures of the inside of your mouth magnified beyond standard size on an adjacent computer monitor! Not only does this make it simple to see and understand what the doctor is telling you, but it makes it simple for us to keep incredibly accurate records from one visit to the next.
Patients who use tobacco and alcohol slowly are prone to oral cancer. Cancer screening detects the signs of cancerous cells at an early stage and takes the necessary steps to cure the same. Dentists make a note of the medical history of patients and check out for abnormal cells using specialized equipment. The process may involve the removal of some of the cells from the mouth and performing a biopsy to find out if they are cancerous. The tests performed can help in taking early steps to cure oral cancer.
CBCT abbreviated as Cone Beam Computed Tomography is one of the proven technologies for dental medicine. The technology helps in taking 3D digital images of hard bone tissues in teeth and jaws. A cone-shaped X-ray beam rotates around the head of the patient to develop a 3D digital image of the dentition. The technology is vastly used in dentistry in recent times because the time taken is much less, and the images help in coming up with an effective treatment plan. CBCT can be very helpful when performing dental implant surgeries, orthodontic treatment, and other oral medicines. The sophisticated technology has several advantages, and it truly is a boon to the field of dentistry.